As it is each year, we wake up on the morning of the 1st of January, or perhaps it has already happened on the eve of 31st December, and expect that the coming year will be better, more successful, more enlightening than the year before. I have to say that this year, whilst I was happy to welcome in a fresh new year, I was also very satisfied with the past.
For me, it was a year of extended traveling and a test of my endurance and dedication to my chosen profession. I faltered many times but always seemed to get back in line. Near the end of the year, I had the ultimate test of my nerves to withstand the publishing and writing industry. I was a wreck afterwards! You hear how hard the industry is, but when you are actually right in the middle of it, you can only groan at all the “I told you so’s” rattling through your mind.
My reflections on 2011:
1. I can actually sit and accept brutally honest criticism without breaking into tears (immediately)
2. I love putting words to paper and moulding stories but…
3. I am terrified of what others will think of my writing.
4. Family and friends can get you through even the darkest moments
5. It’s important to share yourself with others
So there you have it. Nothing that is going to bring on world peace, but it does bring me peace of mind going into the next 364 days.